* Petteri Räty <betelge...@gentoo.org>:
> Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> > Open council spot
> > -----------------
> >
> > leio is next on the list. He's willing to join the council. A few of us
> > already voted to confirm him on-list, and we're waiting on the others.
> >
> > Goal: Vote to confirm him, if necessary.
> >

> There already were enough votes (4/6 I think) to confirm him.

GLEP 39 doesn't specify what happens when a member leaves. It does only
talk about slackers.

A former council decided to offer any open position to the next in line
and "if they accept and the current Council unanimously accepts the new
person, they get the position".
<http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20070208-summary.txt>

4/6 is not "unanimously".

But...

This all was before "_reopen_nominations" was introduced. With
"_reopen_nominations" I don't see why the council needs to vote at all.

There might be a problem if another member leaves as the next two are
ranked equally.

Thanks