Le jeudi 19 mars 2009 à 20:55 +0000, Duncan a écrit :
> Doug Goldstein <car...@gentoo.org> posted
> eafa4c130903191112t50cef619l1a2eeb8c45898...@mail.gmail.com, excerpted
> below, on  Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:12:15 -0500:
>
> > Unless someone has some better ideas for a reasonable default. (IMHO,
> > removing all of PolicyKit is a reasonable default but it looks like
> > going forward GNOME is just using it without really any documentation or
> > any forethought into the real world implications of PolicyKit and the
> > inherent support/issues with ConsoleKit)
>
> Just asking, can the following be made to avoid #4 in the following
> sequence with policykit, now?  It used to be a terrible issue with
> consolekit or whatever it was called.  Or is that still one of the
> problems?
>
> 1. Boot to a VT.
> 2. Login at VT.
> 3. startx by sourcing a script that logs out of the VT after the startx,
> as that login is now unneeded.
> 4. Have sound and various other device permissions break as there's no
> active login, despite X and all its apps otherwise running normally.

could you report a bug ? I've been discussing with diego about issues
with where pam_ck_connector is placed in our pam stack having someone
with a real problem with how things are today would probably help to
iron out this once and for all. Also you might want to try
consolekit-0.3 (and especially read the elog messages).

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <e...@gentoo.org>
Gentoo