Le lundi 06 avril 2009 à 11:02 +0200, Pierre-Yves Rofes a écrit :
> In short:
>
> The wonderful "French terminolgy and neologisms committee" (yeah, we have tons
> of useless committees in France) tries to find a translation for every single
> english term, like "browser". Sadly, the guys (Linus would've probably said
> "masturbating monkeys", and he would be right) in the committee have probably
> never used a computer, so they're totally clueless. This leads to ridiculous
> random translations like "butineur". In theory it's the official translation,
> in reality *nobody* uses their terms, except themselves maybe.
>
> So, for god's sake, keep the first translation ("plugin pour navigateurs").

hum, I agree with the "masturbating monkeys" stuff but my suggesting
only stemmed from the desktop I use where plugins is translated while
browser stays "navigateur" and not "butineur".

Now we're addressing knowledgeable people (aren't we) so using either
plugins or greffons should work.

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <e...@gentoo.org>
Gentoo