Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Mounir Lamouri <volk...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> This feature (ACCEPT_LICENSE) is important to remove check_license()
>> call from ebuilds which need user input while merging. Interaction in
>> ebuild should be avoided and it is a blocker for a fully functional
>> portage backend for packagekit (my gsoc project).
>>

> Most licenses aren't for usage, but for distribution -- surely you mean EULAs?

License and EULA is the same for most users and it's exactly the same
for ebuilds/portage.
I don't get your point. check_license() is used to print the license
(it's probably only used for EULA's actually) and wait for user approval
before resume the merge process. The printed license is the license from
LICENSE var.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood something.

Thanks,
Mounir