2009-07-26 14:40:13 Marijn Schouten (hkBst) napisaƂ(a):
> Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> > I would like to present the plan of support for multiple ABIs. It should be
> > sufficient for
> > Python modules and might be also appropriate for some other ABI types (e.g.
> > for Ruby modules).
>
> In the context of which problem are you brainstorming?

This proposition is intended to solve multiple problems, but Gentoo Python
Project especially
would like to have it available during transitions to new Python versions (e.g.
Python 3.*).
Python 3.1 will be added to the tree in the next week. Over 10 Python modules
should work with
Python 3, but the majority of packages doesn't work yet. We want to provide
possibility of
installing Python modules into site-packages directories of multiple Python
versions (e.g. 2.6
and 3.1). In currently existing EAPIs we *will* support it, but without
checking Python ABI
dependencies during dependency calculation.

--
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis