Sebastian Pipping posted on Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:31:48 +0200 as excerpted:

> Also, the man page does not seem to list these features:
>
>   cvs
>   preserve-libs
>   split-debug
>   splitdebug
>   unmerge-logs
>
> Either people use invalid features (you tell me) or the man page needs
> an update.  Maybe both ("split-debug" vs "splitdebug")?

Note that some FEATURES may in fact trigger various portage bashrc
customizations.  While Ed Catmur disappeared some time ago now, I still
use some of his bashrc customizations, including FEATURES=patchtree, for
instance.  There were others, but many of them were more dev focused than
I as a user am, so it's likely that various devs still use a possibly
further customized version of the same scripts, today.

The point being, due to customization it's not reasonable to expect a
full mapping, FEATURES or other variable, tho at least some of the above
would appear to be legitimate mainline portage if perhaps not yet well
documented FEATURES.