Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
> There's also bug 251179[1], which is ugly at first glance, but shows
> that we don't really need an extra variable to control dependencies
> between USE-flags (it *is* after all a dependency).
>
> So, we can either use
>
> use1? ( =${CATEGORY}/${PVR}[use2,use3,use4] )
>
> which will probably require less changes to portage's resolver; or
> something else like
>
> use1? ( use2 use3 use4 )
>
> The latter is unambiguous because it's not a package atom (no / ).
> Either of these will work great when portage gets automatic
> USE-dependency enabling.

Indeed, this is doable but I don't think it's clear enough. In addition,
speaking of PM, it will force it to be able to detect use1? ( use2 ) and
use1? ( cat/pkg ). Speaking of ebuild readability it's also not a good
thing because that's not real a dependency.
If needed, we can put this in IUSE variable actually. I've nothing
against even if I prefer IUSE_REQUIREMENTS because it's clearer: we
define IUSE vars somewhere and how to handle them somewhere else.

--
Mounir