On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 12:23 AM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
<arfre...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Have any other distribution moved to purely using python-3.1?
>
> We won't move to purely using Python 3.1. Both Python 2 and 3 will be used.

Let me modify me question: Has any other distribution moved to using
python-3 by default? Because that is what will happen when you
stabilize python-3.1. You will move to it by default. Everyone who
installs Gentoo will get python-3.1. Everyone who has 2.6 will get 3.1
-- unless they take action to prevent that. That is the _definition_
of default.

For the normal user, no amount of documentation. I repeated BLOODY
*NO* amount of documentation will change the fact that the default is
"broken system" for a stable install.

Whoever suggested that python-3.1 should go stable immediately needs
his head examined.

Nirbheek,
Extremely Pissed Off At This Idiocy.

--