Rémi Cardona wrote:
Hi guys,

Could anyone write up a one-liner news item for the xorg-server 1.6 stabilization with there 2 upgrade guides :

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.6-upgrade-guide.xml

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/libxcb-1.4-upgrade-guide.xml

I tried figuring out how to write one myself, but failed miserably because of the entirely non-intuitive GLEP.

Basically, all stable users should see that news item.

Thanks in advance to the benevolent soul who will write it and commit
it :)

Thanks

Perhaps something simple like this? (HTH):

xorg-server 1.6.

We're pleased to announce the stabilization of xorg-server-1.6. Users should review the following two guides before upgrading to 1.6: