On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 22:19:25 +0200, Christian Faulhammer
<fa...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Alex Legler <a...@gentoo.org>:
> > RUBY_TARGETS contains a list of ruby implementations and versions to
> > install a package for, like this:
>
>  Python has to do the same for 2.x and 3 versions...wouldn't it be
> nice to have the same solution for both languages?

It might be nice, /eventually/.
As far as I can see, the proposed Python solution is just a concept,
where we already have near-beta eclasses that we *really* want to deploy
this year as they block the unmasking of Ruby 1.9.
Additionally, there are some really nasty things about the current
ruby.eclass (prepall override) and incompatibilities with RubyGems that
should be resolved rather sooner than later.

> V-Li

A3-Li