On Sunday 08 November 2009 18:36:00 Richard Freeman wrote:

> > The filename that violates our policies hasn't changed between the new
> > and old SRC_URI.
>
> Is this policy actually written down someplace?

the gentoo dev handbook lists this as a common ebuild error

> I don't think quizzes can be considered policy since by design their answers
> aren't written anywhere.

the exact answer is generally not found, but the info to arrive there should
largely be documented and/or obvious.  the issue raised is even worse because
it is almost verbatim from the quiz.  any prospective dev who got this wrong
would have been forced to go back and review things.  i.e. it isnt acceptable
for newbies, so there's no excuse for people who are supposed to be past that
point -- especially considering they're doing it knowingly.

> The only downside to not being clever with the SRC_URI is that to bump
> the package you'd need to edit the URL.  That isn't exactly the end of
> the world, and while this is a trivial one to fix

since it must have been changed in order to be bumped, there is no excuse for
having added it like this in the first place.
-mike