Greg KH wrote:
> And note, _I_ placed those images in the kernel image, after consulting
> lawyers about this issue, so it's not like I don't know what I am
> talking about here.

I'm not questioning whether it's legal to distribute non-free firmware
alongside the GPL. I'm merely saying that the firmware _is_ non-free,
which should be reflected by the ebuild licenses.

> So it's a pointless effort.

To you maybe, but it's important to some. Note that updating the
licenses would only affect those with strict ACCEPT_LICENSE settings
anyway. I don't understand why you'd oppose the change.