On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:36:37 -0500, Richard Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org>
wrote:
> On 01/11/2010 06:30 PM, Arnaud Launay wrote:
>>
>> As a newsmaster, I'm a bit concerned by this.
>
> Yeah, inn seems like a really high-profile package to mask for removal.
>   It would be conspicuous in its absence.
>
> Would it make sense to post on -dev BEFORE masking packages like this?
> I'm sure there are lots of people who would chip in before something
> like this dies.

(A general reply, not targeted towards you, Rich)

Speaking on behalf of the treecleaners:
The fact is, some of us have never heard of "inn" and until Gentoo has
some sort of "popularity tracking" software/tool, the treecleaners will
continue to mask unmaintained software. We can't possible know about every
package in the tree and if it looks like it is unmaintained (open bugs w/o
action) then we will mask it for removal unless someone fixes it and
maintains it.

Let's all move on here and be happy that someone is now maintaining such a
popular package. Thanks jer/rej - I'll add you to metadata so it doesn't
become unmaintained again :) Wasn't there a GSoC project on popularity of
packages? Let's get it implemented already! ;)

-Jeremy