2010/1/17 Krzysiek Pawlik <nelch...@gentoo.org>:
> On 01/17/10 18:20, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
>>> Please: When you run tools which break checksums/dates of the database,
>>> give the user the possibility to decide whether he really wants this.
>>
>> Good point, I didn't realize that. However, I'd rather fix the tool (for
>> example to update the portage database).
>
> Nope, that's a bad idea unless you plan to implement such feature for portage,
> paludis and pkgcore (and possibly other package managers).
>
> So use revdep-rebuild (longer but correct solution) or lafilefixer (quicker
> but
> introduces other problems).

For those who actually worry about the md5sum breakage lafilefixer
causes, they can run lafilefixer in post_src_install using
/etc/portage/bashrc. This way the correct md5sums of the la-files are
recorded into the database.

Or even better write a python implementation of lafilefixer so bug
#271129 [1] could be fixed and portage takes care of it internally.

[1] http://bugs.gentoo.org/271129

--
Daniel Pielmeier