On 3 March 2010 19:45, Mart Raudsepp <l...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I don't believe we should selectively cripple one GUI toolkit with not
> having proper printing support out of the box on a desktop profile,
> while others do, just because maintainers are lazy.

I'm not talking about selectively disabling cups. My proposal is
to no longer enable the cups useflag in the base profile. I don't
think cups should be part of the base profile, and as a result
cascading to the desktop profile. And a lot of people seem to
agree. Users can always enable that functionality when they
need it. It is not something that is necessary for running a
desktop system.

Cheers,
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)