On 3 March 2010 19:54, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbh...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Also of note is that we've made efforts to split packages to avoid
> circular dependencies[1]. So it's really silly to add circular deps by
> un-splitting packages.

I think it's silly to split packages for no good reason. And doing it to
avoid circular deps is only a good reason in extreme cases where
they can't be worked around in any other way. Standard Gentoo
practice is one ebuild per upstream package and useflags to toggle
optional functionality. I don't see any reason to deviate from that
practice in the case of poppler.

Cheers,
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)