> On 3 March 2010 19:45, Mart Raudsepp <l...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > I don't believe we should selectively cripple one GUI toolkit with not
> > having proper printing support out of the box on a desktop profile,
> > while others do, just because maintainers are lazy.
>
> It is not something that is necessary for running a
> desktop system.

Your logic is very thin here. By that same line of reasoning, neither are the
gtk or qt flags, since you don't need 'em if you're building, say, a *box
desktop.

Printing is something I'd argue is part of a desktop environment. It's very
much a graphical activity, and that's what a desktop is. We've had the Printing
Guide in our Desktop Documentation Resources section for years for that very
reason.

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/?catid=desktop