On 03/05/2010 10:14 PM, Ryan Hill wrote:

> Because then people use them.  Don't ask me why.  I have things I deprecated
> over two years ago still being used by a dozen ebuilds bumped within the last
> three months.  You should be familiar with this behaviour wrt.
> built_with_use.  So, when I'm making changes I still have to maintain the
> deprecated stuff.

built_with_use isn't using eerror and it wasn't scanned by repoman so
unless you read the whole ebuild you could miss it when bumping. If we
have devs ignoring eerrors out of the ebuild, then we should rather get
rid of them. It's much harder to spot you are using a deprecated
function when it doesn't exist at all as then the error message during
emerge doesn't stand out in any form.

Regards,
Petteri