On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:32:22 -0600
Nathan Zachary <nathanzach...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 09/03/10 22:08, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> > Hello!
> >

> > We have about 500 bump request open at the moment:
> > https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=bump
> >
> > I assume that quite a few of them would be no big deal to their
> > maintainers in Gentoo.
> >

> > Bugday is occupying the first Saturday of the month: how about bumpday
> > on the third Saturday of the month?  First bumpday could be March 20th,
> > 10 days from now.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >

> > Sebastian
> >

> Not sure that my opinion matters all that much as I'm not currently
> doing ebuild work, but I think this idea could really help out the
> status of the tree.  Attached to it could be a stabilisation day as well.
>
> --Nathan Zachary

The ones that I'm CCed on, either as proxy maintainer or because I have some
other interest, I prolly would mind. They're not simple revbumps, but they have
dependency changes and/or other complicated changes, which is the only reason
why they're still open. My bugs can't be solved with a simple rename-and-commit.

I'm prolly not the only one who feels this way, so you really need to pick your
bugs carefully! Otherwise we'll end up with another screwed-up mess like the
one we just went through with patrick.

Bumpdays are otherwise a good idea, though I'm not sure why we need a separate
day for that in addition to our standard bugdays.