Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org> said:
> On Tuesday 09 March 2010 23:08:24 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> > We have about 500 bump request open at the moment:
> > https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=bump
> >
> > I assume that quite a few of them would be no big deal to their
> > maintainers in Gentoo.
> >

> > Bugday is occupying the first Saturday of the month: how about bumpday
> > on the third Saturday of the month?  First bumpday could be March 20th,
> > 10 days from now.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> for the maintainer-needed ones, np.  for the ones with maintainers, i think
> you need an ack from someone first.

I don't even think the maintainer-needed ones should be bumped.  Who
knows what bugs you are introducing into the tree.  This is why things
eventually get treecleaned.

As Mike said, for ones with maintainers, don't touch them unless you
have explicit permission.  We have maintainers for a reason, and if you
don't know the intricacies of the package, you shouldn't be touching it.
You should know how it works, how to test it, and what the normal
problems of a bump are.

With that being said, I don't really see the point of a bumpday.  These
day ideas are ignoring the fact that we don't have enough active developers,
which is the real problem.

--
Mark Loeser
email         -   halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org