Le mardi 09 mars 2010 à 22:32 -0600, Nathan Zachary a écrit :
> On 09/03/10 22:08, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> > Hello!
> >

> > We have about 500 bump request open at the moment:
> > https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=bump
> >
> > I assume that quite a few of them would be no big deal to their
> > maintainers in Gentoo.

For gnome assigned bumps, I can tell all of them have a reason/policy
that explains why they are not done yet and I definitively don't want
non-maintainer bumps for them.

> Not sure that my opinion matters all that much as I'm not currently
> doing ebuild work, but I think this idea could really help out the
> status of the tree.  Attached to it could be a stabilisation day as
> well.

That I would buy. I often hear users complaining that stable isn't that
stable and they try to mix ~arch or completely move to ~arch instead of
asking for stablereq. Here too gnome has a policy for some packages but
a couple of them can be stabilized independently. Either way the
reaction is generally quick.

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <e...@gentoo.org>
Gentoo