On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Jacob Godserv <jacobgods...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem here, I think, is everyone has their opinion about what it
> means for something to go stable, and I haven't seen more than one or
> two references to what has been predetermined as policy for
> stabilization. I think we should do a little less debating over
> personal opinions (which is a "hot" topic, apparently) and more about
> how Gentoo guidelines determine what can go stable. If the guidelines
> don't cover this, then they ought to be fixed.

The opinions of most of the people in this thread are not directly
relevant anyway.  The maintainer gets to decide when to file a
stablereq bug for their package and the arch teams to get to decide
whether to mark something stable on their arch or not.  So someone
just make a decision and move forward; we will never reach consensus
here (and we should not be trying to reach one anyway.)

-A