On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Petteri Räty <betelge...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 03/24/2010 08:30 PM, Peter Hjalmarsson wrote:
>
>> For qemu-kvm the problem is that there is only one implementation (i.e.
>> gnutls), and if I want to have ssl support I have to enable gnutls for
>> this package.
>
> In this case the ebuild should have only ssl use flag.
>
>> When I wrote a bug about this I got a rather short reply from maintainer
>> about pointing me to the policy about this.
>
> Where did he point you to?

I didn't point him anywhere. I merely asked him for a policy on this.
Because senseless changes in USE flags will require my 9 VM servers
will need to be tweaked around for a pointless USE flag change and I
don't need administrative burden for the sake of administrative
burden.

>> So I have a question:
>> Is there no policy about this?
>
> The policy is that USE="ssl" controls whether to enable ssl support in
> general. Then the specific use flags like gnutls and openssl control
> what implementation to use if the package supports multiple.

Again, this policy is stated but no one can point me to anything. The
closest thing to a "policy" is you sending a follow up e-mail to the
dev list to make this a policy.

--
Doug Goldstein