Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbh...@gentoo.org> said:
> So, I can't find any documentation about this; nor can I find a
> best-practices list. Can we add broken ebuilds in-tree as long as they
> are package.masked? automagic deps, wrong deps, missing deps, file
> collisions, etc etc? Even if it makes the ebuild completely unusable
> by itself?

Just use some common sense.  If its completely broken, it obviously
doesn't belong in the tree.  If its something that somewhat works and is
actively being worked on, then its probably safe to add it and
package.mask it, with the intent that you are working towards getting it
to a state that it will be unmasked.

--
Mark Loeser
email         -   halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org