On 04/10/2010 04:53 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
> As people seem to want the council to take action I offer to take
> action. As it's impossible for me to do everything myself I offer to act
> as a project manager/owner for people willing to donate their time to
> whatever I see worthy for Gentoo as whole like the web page redesign.
> Basically you tell me how many hours you have and I'll give you stuff to
> work on. It might not be glorious at times like cleaning up a piece of
> documentation but why not spend an hour a week on something that
> benefits the project? If people are interested, I'll work out the details.
>
> Regards,
> Petteri

There seems to be some confusion what this is about so maybe the
attached log will clear things.

Regards,
Petteri
21:04 <+tanderson> Betelgeuse: I may have missed any messages from you, but do
you have any work re your -dev thread?
21:06 <@Betelgeuse> tanderson: how much work do you want?
21:07 <+tanderson> hm, a couple hours-worth to start off with.
21:08 <@Betelgeuse> tanderson:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1 go
through by parts and change things to link to devmanual after checking all info
is on the
                    linked page
21:09 <@Betelgeuse> tanderson: basically make sure we only document things once
21:09 <+tanderson> so, eliminate that page over time by putting things in
devmanual?
21:10 <@Betelgeuse> tanderson: Yeah that page in the long term doesn't have a
future
21:10 <@Betelgeuse> tanderson: once we have info only once it's easy to see
what needs to be written to devmanual
21:10 <+tanderson> gotcha.
21:11 <+tanderson> I've been wanting some other work for awhile, arch work is
tiring and burn-out type.
21:13 < spatz> Betelgeuse: so that's how it's gonna work, people come to you
asking for tasks and you hand them out? sounds handy when I'm bored :)
21:13 <@Betelgeuse> spatz: yes that's what I proposed
21:14 < spatz> I read it differently, but it looks like fun
21:15 <@Betelgeuse> spatz: I should be able to queue up plenty :)
21:15 <+tanderson> yeah, seems so to me. I don't think it will fix all gentoo's
problems. But one can't reasonably expect the council to do (all) the dirty
work .
21:15 < spatz> I'll give it a shot, count me in. I have a lot of studying to do
today and tomorrow, but I'll come ask for stuff tomorrow or on monday
21:15 <@Betelgeuse> tanderson: yeah but slow progress will eventually get us
there in many things
21:16 <@Betelgeuse> better than just talking that we need to do something and
not doing anything
21:16 <@Betelgeuse> spatz: how did you read it then?
21:16 <@Betelgeuse> spatz: I can post a follow up to avoid confusion
21:17 <@Betelgeuse> Maybe I should just post the logs from here.
21:17 < spatz> basically the post seemed negative, and sounded like you're
searching for people to be your bitches :p