mån 2010-05-10 klockan 23:52 -0400 skrev Mike Frysinger:
> On Monday 10 May 2010 23:10:48 Markos Chandras wrote:
> > provide a user friendly way to migrate to the new libpng without the need
> > to spend so many hours digging around on which packages to rebuild.
>
> if you're "digging around" then clearly you havent done the obvious and run
> revdep-rebuild ?  that is pretty user-friendly.

I did, but revdep-rebuild did not take *.la into account (I did run it
as "revdep-rebuild --ignore -- --jobs 10 --keep-going" if that has any
impact) and many of the things it wanted to rebuild plainly failed
because a library that did not link against libpng12 had it in its *.la
(libgnomeui is on example of this). This led to that the library
(example: libgnomeui) was not set to be rebuilt, but the packages
pulling libgnomeui in broke because while linking they could not find
libpng12.