On Wednesday, June 02, 2010 04:11:26 Torsten Veller wrote:
> * Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org>:
> > On Monday, May 31, 2010 22:46:50 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> > > Here are the details for the Council 201006 elections:
> > >  * nominations: June 5th to 18th
> > >  * voting: June 20th to July 3rd
> >
> > funny, this isnt what the council page says at all
> >
> | Nominations are allowed from July 1st 0000 UTC to July 31st 2359 UTC
> | Voting is opened from August 1st 0000 UTC to August 31st 2359 UTC
> |
> |                                   (from <http://council.gentoo.org>)
>
> The dates shifted because a former council didn't made its full term
> due to the 50% attendance clause. "The 'one year' is then reset from
> that point." [0]

yes, that is fairly obvious, but my point was to highlight the existence of
discrepancies rather than their background

> The length of the periods were shortened in 2008 [1] when we had the
> early election and last year's election was run within 2+2 weeks too.

as that e-mail notes, the shortened period was due to the forced re-run and
getting back on track quickly rather than making it the norm.  personally i
dont see what's wrong with running a full month considering the weight of the
positions.
-mike