On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 17:11:45 +0200
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> What do you think about doing the following change in
> /usr/portage/profiles/targets/developer/make.defaults:

[..]

> What do you think?

I've never felt any need or obligation to use a developer profile. I
don't think I ever saw any announcement to that effect either. What is
the use of a developer profile?[1]

Someone in the know, please sell it to me. :)

Regards,
     jer

[1] I've seen developers complain more and more about failing test
suites. Maybe that's a related issue? Developers now use the
FEATURES set out in a developer profile and can then extract some
kind of validity claim from the fact that I obviously didn't do my QA?
That would explain a lot.