On 16-06-2010 05:03, Alec Warner wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sp...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Could it be we expect perfection from each other instead seeking to
>> understand and complement each other?  What can we do to make Gentoo a
>> friendlier community?
>
> I haven't seen the crazy crap on the lists that was present in
> 2007-2008 so I'm actually fairly happy with the current style.  I'd
> love to throw around more compliments but I tend to compliment people
> by using their software and sending them patches...or making fun of
> them on IRC, either way.

Sebastian, I understand your concern, but as Alec puts it, we have gone
a long way since the 2007-2008 low regarding this type of behaviour.
I'm not advocating that communication in Gentoo mediums has become
perfect, but I don't see all the rudeness and lack of respect and
empathy that you see, not in a global manner.
There are a few cases where people could and should improve their
behaviour, but let's not forget we're a technical community and so it's
imho an illusion to expect us to have a "hugs and kisses" tone. But yes,
everyone participating in Gentoo mediums should strive to be courteous,
respectful and promote debates on ideas.

>> Thanks for your interest,
>>

>> Sebastian
>>

>> [1] http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/contract.xml
>> [2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/coc.xml
>> [3] http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/philosophy.xml

- --
Regards,

Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections