On 2010.06.17 01:00, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Hello!

[snip]

>  3) Let Gentoo developers vote on who's in the conflict resolution
>     team just like we do with the council.

[snip]

> Thanks,
>

> Sebastian

I'm against this idea - conflict resolution, I prefer the term
mediation, is not something that the typical Gentoo developer is very
good at. For sure, they have been involved in conflicts themselves but
rarely, if ever, as a mediator.

I think very few developers would stand for the role - its hard work
ask any parent who has mediated between their offspring.
I would prefer mediation to draw from a pool of volunteers, probably
vetted by some trusted group and assigned to issues after their
neutrality in any particular case had been determined by some method
involving the protagonists. Elected mediators may well turn out to be
unsuitable for the role.

For myself, I would not stand for election to this role but I might
volunteer to help out from time to time.

--
Regards,

Roy Bamford
(Neddyseagoon) a member of