* Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccre...@googlemail.com> schrieb:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 22:09:09 +0200
> Enrico Weigelt <weig...@metux.de> wrote:
> > Well, with git this works. (I'll yet have to run some automatic
> > stress tests, but at all my manual tests worked really fine).
>
> You assume that, given the same input and program options, a
> compression program will always produce the same output. This is not
> the case.

Well, at least for tar, I've experienced no problem here yet.
But: true, it might change between tar versions.

A more sophisticated approach, IMHO, would be: directly fetching
from the VCS, but that would probably mean a major design change.
(my Briegel buildsystem goes this way ... it doesnt even patch
on itself anymore, thats done entirely in git)

cu
        http://patches.metux.de/