On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoar...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 06:39:44AM +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
>>
>> What needs to be done now is for someone with lots of CPU power to
>> grab the list of packages[1], and build them one-by-one (all
>> versions), adding to a new list all the ebuilds that fail. How to
>> test:
>>
>> LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed" emerge -v1 $atom
>>
>> Let's try to make Gentoo less frustrating for our users.
>>
>> 1. http://dev.gentoo.org/~nirbheek/files/as-needed-failures.list
>>
> I have the CPU power so I will start building those packages and report
> back here

Thanks! My hardware currently consists of one (1) netbook, so I can't
help much :)

I'll be keeping a list of packages which are known to fail only in
forced as-needed mode[1], as well as a list which is known to fail
with "normal" as-needed[2]

1. http://dev.gentoo.org/~nirbheek/files/as-needed-forced-only.list
2. http://dev.gentoo.org/~nirbheek/files/as-needed-normal.list

--