On 7/13/10 12:32 PM, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:25:51 +0000 (UTC), "Kacper Kowalik (xarthisius)"
> <xarthis...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>>      if use doc; then
>>              insinto /usr/share/doc/${PF}
>>              doins doc/*.pdf || die
>
> An open question to all:
>
> Should we be hiding pdf's behind USE=doc?? I've seen it here and there
> as of late. I thought USE=doc was for compiling docs and/or pulling in
> extra deps to build docs.

In my opinion we're never going to have 100% consistency here. I'd say
let everybody implement it in a way one thinks is the best.

The description of the flag is "Adds extra documentation (API, Javadoc,
etc)". So if something is an extra documentation, it seems to be fine to
"hide" it behind USE=doc.

And I'd prefer to keep the meaning of "extra documentation" flexible and
open to interpretation, just because there is no obvious benefit to aim
for 100% consistency here, and overstandardization would be bad.

Paweł