В Срд, 21/07/2010 в 17:18 +0200, "Miroslav Šulc (fordfrog)" пишет:

> > epatch_user() from euitls.eclass

> so this is undocumented feature? i did not know about this cool
> feature till now.

It's undocumented since it's better to avoid this feature in ebuilds
because this hack makes impossible to know what patches user have and
why package fails the way it fails. So better drop this code. If user
wants some useful patch {s}he should open the bug or use overlay.

epatch_user() was created for rare cases where package requires random
third-party patches for additional functionality that is impossible to
maintain in the tree. Good example is iptables: it has tons of
third-party patches. This patches are released days/months after
iptables release and even skip some iptables releases, don't have
upstream and thus making impossible to maintain them in the tree.

In general I think this is problem with our tools - we need some way to
apply custom patches and make emerge --info pkg could give us all
information about that custom patches... But until such or similar
solution implemented, please, avoid epatch_user() in the tree.

CC'ing QA: guys, I think this is your domain so in case you have any
comments here, please, do :)

--
Peter.