On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 05:15:19AM +0200, Krzysztof Pawlik wrote:
> On 07/30/10 01:16, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> > +           eerror "See http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/utf-8.xml for
> > information on how to fix locale."
>
> I'm with Brian on this one - my locale (C/POSIX) is not broken, it's the code
> that has bugs. Can you please change wording here to read something along "...
> for information on switching to Unicode locale." instead of suggesting that
> users locale is broken.

From where I'm sitting, the only ebuild that has any business telling
me to change (or suggesting how) locale is glibc.  Especially when
we're talking about a warning that will be in 7.6% of the versions
in the tree.

That's pretty freaking spammy... end result will be people switching
(for better or worse) to stop seeing the complaints.

It's basically annoying people into changing to partially
sidestep a couple of bugs, instead of fixing the issue- and that's the
wrong course of action.

~brian