* Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> schrieb:

> My biggest beef by far when packaging apps is automagic dependencies.
>
> e17 is full of them - if package A is present, the app will configure itself
> to use it. Usually you cannot switch this kind of thing off even if you have
> valid reasons to do so.

That's one of the reasons I'm building everything by a sysroot'ed
crosscompiler (when not using Gentoo ;-)). This way these things
(normally) can't happen.

> I want explicit --enable-<package> features in the ./configure step for
> everything that might be optional. Because I often do have that lib on my
> system and the app's usage of it is buggy, so I should be able to disable
> that
> support.

Can you live with the current formulation ?
http://www.metux.de/index.php/de/component/content/article/57.html

(see and of the text)

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weig...@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666