Le lundi 05 juillet 2010 à 08:57 +0000, Duncan a écrit :
[lots of stuff about bashisms and posix]
> So let's stabilize OpenRC and be done with it, and /then/ we can debate
> where we want to go from there.

YES, let's get it stable.

However please consider not re-adding bashisms and/or not make it less
POSIX shell compliant than it already is at light speed. It is a great
thing that openrc tries to achieve and allows more use of openrc than
basic desktop/server gentoo usage (think embedded and other distros).
At least one other distro did this move a while ago (debian) and I don't
think they will go back. Seeing they are also moving to a dependency
based init system, they probably could just run a fork of openrc (for
their init scripts are not exactly compatible with what we do).

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <e...@gentoo.org>
Gentoo