On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 10:39:59 +0200
Dirkjan Ochtman <d...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:32, Robin H. Johnson <robb...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > After a discussion on IRC, a few of us were considering the value of
> > adding suggestions on handling of bugs in Bugzilla from a developer (and
> > editbugs user) perspective.
>
> Good idea, I've been confused about the interaction models here.
>
> > 1. General case
> >  - You should only close bugs that you are assigned or if you (or an alias
> >        you represent) just fixed them.

Prefix "Once assigned,".

Can we add a point about bug-wranglers not messing with bugs after they've
been assigned?  I've had someone closing bugs filed directly from a dev to my
herd because they didn't include emerge --info.

> >  - If you fix a bug and AREN'T already getting mail for it, you should
> >        add yourself to the CC list, to listen for regressions or responses
> >        to TESTREQUEST.
>
> Only add arches to stabilization requests if you're a maintainer?

No.  If the maintainer doesn't respond in a reasonable amount of time then
I'm adding arches myself.  If this weren't allowed then the GCC stabilization
bugs would take approx 8 years to fix.

--
fonts, gcc-porting,             we hold our breath, we spin around the world
toolchain, wxwidgets            you and me cling to the outside of the earth