Eray Aslan wrote:
On 20.09.2010 16:37, Richard Freeman wrote:
One argument I've heard against newnet is that you can't bring
individual interfaces up and down.
openrc[newnet] used to have problems with ppp interfaces.  I do not know
if it is still the case but there are some open bugs on bugzilla.g.o
regarding ppp and openrc.

This is a serious show stopper for newnet.  So, either 1. both oldnet
and newnet or 2. oldnet only would be the prudent alternatives (again,
assuming problems with newnet and ppp exist).

If this is the same ppp I use when on dial-up, this would make me reconsider using Gentoo. If my DSL goes out, I must have ppp and it work. We are in the sticks and the one time it has gone out since getting DSL, it was out several days.

I still have wvdial installed and all the needed ppp drivers in my kernel. I don't use it often but when I need it, I need it. For this user, I would have to have a way to keep ppp available if this is the same ppp I use for dial-up.

Dale

:-)  :-)