Il giorno gio, 30/09/2010 alle 09.36 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel ha
scritto:
> What is the general opinion on this?
> Do you (developers) all use ~arch portage?
> How big is the risk?

Generally speaking, we used to say that "The developers are the Portage
testbed, and should run ~arch."

On a more interesting note, I run full ~arch on both my main
workstations (well, workstation and laptop, but that's the idea), and
with exception of some Python trouble before, I didn't really hit
anything nasty in years.

But, to answer Dirkjan at the same time, you can always keep around a
chroot whose only use is running the repoman commit — for a while when I
tried to run a stable system is what I have done.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/