Hi folks,

I'm doing some investigation on which .la files are still needed
and which are not. In general, .la files only are in use by very
few packages which use them to load plugins (I've seen no package
which actually requires them for compile-time importing in
production).

For net-im/pidgin (and its various plugins) I can now confirm
that .la files are not needed here, so we could remove them here.

I'll check more packages on that.

BTW: is there a way to teach revdep-rebuild to ignore .la files ?

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weig...@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666