On Monday 25 October 2010 19:06:45 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 25/10/2010 alle 18.50 -0300, Alexis Ballier ha scritto:
> > Am I missing something obvious or is it just hiding a bug in the
> > linux
> > headers? I see no usage of INT_MAX in the patched .c file...
>
> Upstream seem not to care about fixing that; we used to have a patch to
> "fix" linux-headers, but Mike dropped it with 2.6.35 to stay as close to
> upstream as possible.

so now we prefer poor workarounds in dozens of packages to fixing the real bug
in a single one in order to stay as close as possible to an unresponsive
upstream? nice

A.

PS: What to do if there is a clever upstream for another package refusing to
add such a workaround ? Carry the patch over and over ? This sounds very
selfish.