On 11/25/10 2:59 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
> I fail to understand why you claim that live ebuilds are a QA nightmare, you
> may want to have a look at how I play with, eg, ffmpeg or vlc and their live
> ebuilds: they make version bumps much easier and far less error prone.

I'm just curious. Could you explain more how the live ebuilds make
version bumps easier and less error prone?

My experience with chromium-9999 ebuild is different. Indeed users do
test it and report very useful "early warning" bugs, but when I actually
do a version bump I also have to modify the live ebuild, and that
modification is usually untested. Furthermore, when one of local Gentoo
patches lands upstream, the live ebuild has to be modified again.

If there are some tips/techniques that work for you and make live
ebuilds more helpful, I'd like to learn a bit more.

Paweł