El 12/12/2010 02:46 a.m., Ryan Hill escribió:
On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 19:01:16 +0000
Matt Turner<matts...@gentoo.org>  wrote:

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Jeroen Roovers<j...@gentoo.org>  wrote:
[snip]

I agree that this could be better. To me, most of the problems with
this are due to users not knowing which of these should be set for
their particular CPU.

Instead of having defaults set by a profile, I'd like to figure out a
way we can have these flags set by default dependent on the user's
CPU. This might require some additional logic in portage; I don't
know.
I think the fewer sources of magic USE flags the better.  Maybe we could
document how to figure out what instruction sets a processor supports in the
handbook instead.

A good manual would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards,
Sergio.