On 14:07 Sat 29 Jan     , Fabian Groffen wrote:
> Since QA is getting lots of powers these days, I strongly object to
> this, see also my comment on becoming a QA member.  I suggest the
> following:
>
> The QA lead is yearly elected by the whole dev-community (active
> developers), same procedure as being used for a council voting.  The
> nomination is also done by developers, but they can only chose from
> the current QA-members.

I already think there's too much time wasted on bureaucratic stuff that
distracts us from actually getting work done. We're here to create an
awesome source-based distribution, not pretend we're United Nations and
the U.S. government all rolled into one. =)

In my opinion, reaching the minimum number of elections that allows
Gentoo to remain functional should be the goal. There's nothing wrong
with concentrating power in a smaller number of people using a
meritocratic process -- OSS communities seem to operate much better as a
meritocracy than a democracy, as that provides an incentive to actually
get stuff done instead of talk about the best process for it all day.

--
Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie Berkholz