Might be useful also because of some other new features, e.g. memcpy copying
backwards (no joke).

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex

Just for your information, this came up on kde-packagers ml... seems that
glibc-2.13 does memcpy backwards under certain circumstances (no joke),
breaking broken software even more.

We'll probably see some surprises once you place it in the tree...
Cheers, Andreas

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.glibc.alpha/15278
http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commit;h=6fb8cbcb58a29fff73eb2101b34caa19a7f88eba

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer

--- Begin Message ---
Howdy,

Due to the way memcpy() is implemented in some newer glibc [1],
users may experience crashes in the KDE imap4 ioslave.

Thanks to a patch contributed by a nice person, I have committed
a fix to both the 4.5 and 4.6 versions of kdepimlibs.

The file in question is kdepimlibs/kioslave/imap4/imap4.cpp

The SVN revisions are:
kdepimlibs 4.5 => r1216162
kdepimlibs 4.6 => r1216163

You might consider pushing a hotfix for this.
Regards,
Allen

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/414467