Fabian Groffen posted on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:39:39 +0100 as excerpted:

> On 10-02-2011 07:54:16 +0100, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
>> The only way to avoid epic failures is to keep the whole thing simple,
>> without trying to fit everybody. An installer that would cover a
>> standard install, newbie-oriented scenario would be definitely good.
>> Experienced people won't use it anyway, so why bothering trying to
>> cover their needs, it would be a straight way to fail again.
>
> Just FYI:
> Interestingly, it were the power/experienced users that requested a
> simple installer, because they got tired of copy&paste-ing the same
> commands from the manual over and over again.

That /is/ interesting!

One would think such power-users would script up or build their own
solution.  I'm virtually certain I would for something I found myself
doing over and over like that, much as I've built up my own emerge and
git-kernel fetch/build/install helper scripts.