В Сбт, 30/04/2011 в 12:02 +0300, Samuli Suominen пишет:
> On 04/30/2011 11:46 AM, Petteri Räty wrote:
> > I propose a simple new text: "Every commit should have an entry in
> > ChangeLog."

Nonfunctional commits should not be recored in ChangeLog. Personally I
quite frequently add URLs of upstream bug reports in ChangeLog. I don't
think this addition should be recorded in ChangeLog.

> > If we eventually autogenerate them from git logs this would
> > happen any way (unless some kind of filtering system is in the middle)
> > so we could already start now.

Without filtering system ChangeLogs are useless. Also I need some way to
edit ChangeLogs manually.

> "Every new file, and modification to existing file should have an entry
> in ChangeLog." to skip the proper ChangeLog-less removals.

Removal is quite functional change so it should be recored.

--
Peter.