On 13-05-2011 10:10, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:57:26PM +0000, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
>> This topic has been raised a few times in the past and as far as I can
>> recall there never was a consensus about it. In any case, as pointed out
>> before, some developers want users to be able to CC them on bugs, at
>> least on some bugs, informed users can have a good idea about the
>> importance and or severity of a bug and in general being more open can
>> provide a more inviting environment for users to look at and or
>> contribute to Gentoo.
> First of all, I said "Ccing Arches". Of course they should be allowed to
> CC anyone, but ccing arches creates too much noise for us and quite a
> lot of them do not understand the purpose of arch alias.

I failed to notice you were talking about arches, sorry about that.

>> Finally, whenever a user abuses bugzilla, you can poke bugzilla admins,
>> userrel and a few others to look at and take care of it. Some of us can
>> go as far as locking users accounts - feel free to poke me if that need
>> ever arises.
>>
>>> Regards,
>>
> How is this solution more elegant than the one I proposed? :)

All I'm saying is that we already have tools to deal with users that
abuse bugzilla and we've used them before when needed.

On 13-05-2011 00:39, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) wrote:
> El 13/05/11 01:57, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto escribió:
>> Finally, whenever a user abuses bugzilla, you can poke bugzilla admins,
>> userrel and a few others to look at and take care of it. Some of us can
>> go as far as locking users accounts - feel free to poke me if that need
>> ever arises.
> I'd just like to add that usually a simple warning when users don't do
> things properly suffices, I recall receiving one from Tommy[D] regarding
> the use of CCing and after that I didn't do evil deeds with it again.
>
> klondike

Francisco, thank you for mentioning this.
When talking about users abusing bugzilla I was talking about users that
repeatedly have a bad behaviour and that ignore warnings and or requests
from developers.

- --
Regards,

Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections / RelEng