On 08.06.2011 18:36, Vikraman wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm working on the `Package statistics` project this year. Till now, I
> have managed to write a client and server[0] to collect the following
> information from hosts:
>
> * Uname, portage profile, timestamp of portage tree
> * ARCH, CHOST, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, FFLAGS, LDFLAGS, MAKEOPTS
> * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, FEATURES, USE, LANG, SYNC, GENTOO_MIRRORS
> * Repository, Keyword, Useflags (plus,minus,unset), Counter, Size,
>   and Build   time for each installed package

May be collect hardware info & kernel configs too?
For example cpuinfo, lspci and lsusb(?).

I think, that after 1-3 month after installing gentoo, user can(should)
"receive" newsitem about participating in `Package statistics` project.
This newsitem can contains short instruction how-to install and
configure this tool. And even in other gentoo projects(for example write
short wiki page)

And, where can I found ebuilds to the `Package statistics` project?

Sory for my english... and Good luck!